Environmental Action - Aims and Implementation
Sherwood Signmakers acknowledges that its manufacturing activity impacts on the environment and is committed to taking positive action to reduce such impact wherever possible.
- Minimise the use of all forms of energy
- Minimise discharges of any sort into land, air or water
- Minimise the use of materials from non-renewable sources
- Minimise the use of substances harmful to the environment
- Ensure all equipment is switched off when not in use. Fit power saving devices where possible.
- Only heat areas of the premises necessary for the welfare of staff and visitors.
- Maximise the use of natural light in production areas and reduce artificial light accordingly
- Only use low energy lighting throughout the premises.
- Maintain vehicles in line with manufacturer's recommendations and make low emissions and low fuel consumption a priority at time of replacement.
- Single source supplies and bulk order to reduce the number of delivery vehicles visiting our premises.
- Purchase ink in sealed cartridges and return them for refilling to ensure no waste ink enters the environment.
- Ensure ink contains no VOC's.
- Monitor and strive to reduce the amount of waste produced.
- Send all waste for sorting and recycling.
- Re-use packing from raw materials when shipping finished work.
- Paper, envelopes, packaging must be recycled or from FSC certified sustainable sources.
- Actively search for raw materials from sustainable sources and encourage customers to switch to them.
- Ensure COSHH data is obtained for all hazardous substances and actively seek alternatives where possible.